Title: Workforce Coordinator
Reports To: Career Services Manager
The Workforce Coordinator of Special Programs helps specialized program participants become economically self-sufficient through case manage and career coaching, and retention monitoring after job placement. He/she works closely with Workforce Development staff and reports directly to the Vice President of Workforce Development or his/her designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Intake, assess and document the enrollment process, and ensure accurate record keeping in the client management system.
- Submit documentation to data entry staff within 48 hours from the time of participant engagement.
- Plan, organize, and guide service delivery, in joint effort with participants, from beginning to closeout.
- Make necessary recommendations on the need for additional services/activities and provide wrap-around supports as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate program progress against contractual grant obligations, and adjust service strategy accordingly to ensure outcomes.
- Assist with promoting Workforce Development programs to local residents and community organizations.
- Assist with community mapping and in identifying local resources for program participants.
- Assist participants with resume and cover letter development.
- Provide weekly performance reports and communicate challenges affecting outcomes to Workforce leadership.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce Development and the Career Services Manager.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires the individual to work closely with the Workforce Development staff and while taking direction from the VP. He/she must possess great attention to detail and have strong organizational skills. This individual must understand, maintain, and uphold the mission and vision of the Chicago Urban League.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years’ experience in workforce development preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish/maintain excellent community relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide own transportation and adequate insurance.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.