Senior Grant Administrator
The Senior Grant Administrator will work to increase revenue by expanding institutional fundraising efforts. A key member of our Development Team, the Senior Grant Administrator will be responsible for supporting the mission by researching, vetting, writing and submitting corporate, foundational, individual, and governmental grants that support research and policy, programming and initiatives.
- Maintain and expand support for programs by overseeing execution of grants portfolio including research and prospecting, proposal and report writing, and stewardship activities
- Initiate ongoing communication with key staff to analyze funding needs, gaps and opportunities
- Research, identify and qualify funding opportunities from corporate, foundation, and government sources.
- Manage efficient operational system to ensure accurate records and timely communication with funders; oversee grants calendar and maintain up-to-date database records for all institutional donors
- Collect and synthesize information as needed to make strongest case for support
- Develop a deep understanding of program content to ensure integrity and quality of proposal writing
- Lead proposal generation process including; coordinating with key staff to produce and submit compelling high-quality proposals
- Design accurate models with realistic outcomes and benchmarks
- Work with key staff to develop and implement strategy for educating and stewarding donors
- Provide support to leadership team and key staff for meetings with donors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in grant writing and fundraising, with successful track record for securing significant multi-year commitments from institutional donors
- Superior knowledge of and proven experience writing proposals to large corporate, foundation and government donors, and an understanding of technical and financial requirements for large grants.
- Experience crafting LOIs, concept papers, proposals, and stewardship materials with aptitude for creating budgets, designing logic models, and drafting compelling case statements
- Ability to successfully execute multiple, simultaneous projects on time with quality results
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with staff located on- and off-site Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly, ask thoughtful questions and synthesize information
- Experience tracking communication and donor activity in a (CRM), preferably Salesforce.