Department: Workforce Development
Reports to: Vice President of Workforce Development
Assist with Planning, organizing, and directing all pre-apprenticeship and registered apprenticeship programming phases. The Senior Manager of Apprenticeship Programs will also help CUL partner businesses and newly developed employer partnerships build apprenticeship programs and register apprenticeships. The manager provides technical assistance and support to businesses throughout creating and retaining an apprenticeship program.
Accountable for achieving Workforce Development contractual outcomes and performance measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with VP of Workforce Development to develop and implement local and regional apprenticeship plans
- Identify opportunities for apprenticeship innovation and expansion; forge relationships with key stakeholders in targeted industries
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with unions, businesses, industry groups, and other partners to explore and incubate new apprenticeship opportunities
- Work closely with employers in the creation of new apprenticeship programs and subsequent implementation of apprenticeship programs
- Develop the apprentice strategy to meet the needs of industry partners and build the apprenticeship pipeline
- Work closely with apprentice providers to establish a memorandum of understanding and partner with the provider to ensure that the needs are met
- Establish novel ways to maximize the apprenticeship pipeline and ensure effective spending
- Cultivate a strategy for recruitment, assessment, development and retention throughout the apprentice lifecycle
- Collect and analyze program and participant data
- Monitor progress on programs to ensure milestones and outcomes are met
- Promote outreach and retention efforts to ensure a quality cohort of apprentices that meet the needs of industry partners
- Support employers, sponsors, and other key partners with challenges encountered with apprenticeship programs and remediate these challenges and put proactive solutions in place for future cycles
- Report successes and challenges to internal and external stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as requested
- Maintains compliance with all government regulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires the individual to work closely with internal and external partners, funders, the legal system, collaborative networks, and community stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills
- B.S./B.A. from accredited higher education institution or commensurate competency-based learning experiences
- Experience creating or managing apprenticeship programs across different industry sectors
- Program development and management experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and execute new ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with multi-functional teams
- Ability to work with unions, industry partners, and governmental and economic development agencies
- Ability to cultivate relationships and effectively collaborate with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills
- Team Player with a track record of leading and inspiring others
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.