Under the direction of the Vice-President of Workforce Development, the position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for all Workforce Development programs, as assigned.
Accountable for meeting Workforce Development programs goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Vice-President of Workforce Development
- Act as the first point of contact for client interaction and referrals to WFD programs and counselors
- Manage the WFD general email and voicemail boxes
- Record all WFD activity including client information, interactions, workshop and event attendance in order to accurately track services provided and associated outcomes
- Provide administrative support to the WFD program staff and counselors including creating and maintaining client files, distributing program correspondence, following up on client surveys, mass emails, workshop registration follow-up, filing, and copying
- Provide additional administrative support to senior managers and the Vice President of Workforce Development including department schedule management, filing and creation of expense reports
- Maintain the calendar of events for the WFD and ensure appropriate conference rooms and shared office space are reserved with the Facilities and Services Department.
- Assist with the generation of department reports
- Maintain WFD client contact information and mass email list
- Maintain WFD program consultant and facilitator contact list
- Receive incoming department mail and distribute to the appropriate parties
- Submit outgoing department mail for processing
- Input workshop & feedback in evaluation spreadsheets & generate facilitator evaluation reports and summaries.
- Assist in the production of promotional materials for center (e.g., flyers, newsletters, etc.)
- Assist with the marketing and social media campaigns for the Workforce Development Department
- Assist the WFD team with event and workshop coordination as needed
- Special projects as assigned with the approval of the Vice-President of Workforce Development and his/her designee
- Other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct assigned reports and ensures the delivery of results.
This position requires the individual to work closely with staff, managers, and the Vice-President.
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma with 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative support capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish/maintain interpersonal community relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide own transportation and adequate insurance.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
Vice-President of Workforce Development and his/her designee.
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO CAREERS@CHIUL.ORG