Solar Project Coordinator
|Title:||Solar Project Coordinator||FLSA:||CONTRACTOR|
|Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Development, the Solar Project Coordinator is the secondary point of contact and support for the Chicago Urban League’s solar workforce programming under the Illinois Criminal Justice Authority’s Restore. Reinvest. Renew. (R3) program. As a Solar Project Coordinator, you will support the senior solar project consultant with administrative and operational duties and support all vested parties assigned to the project. The coordinator will be a critical player on a team consisting of multi-disciplined professionals.|
- Coordinate day-to-day administrative and operational solar programming activities.
- Ensure all required documentation has been obtained and properly filed.
- Create and maintain project schedules.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor equipment procurement, materials, and supplies.
- Monitor performance activities, including outcomes coordination with facilitators and instructors.
- Ensure all activities and conduct adhere to established guidelines of your contract.
- Coordinate participant service delivery.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor case management activities to include tracking and documenting participants’ progress from enrollment to job placement.
- Provide administrative assistance to Director of Workforce Development and Senior Solar Project Consultant.
- 5+ years of progressive project management experience.
- Thorough understanding and implementation of projects in accordance with contracts.
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills, which extend across all organizational and management levels.
- Demonstrated ability in leadership of multi-disciplined teams of departments, units, interns, employees, contractors, and consultants.
- Experience in development and execution of complex project schedules utilizing state-of-the art scheduling tools.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Power industry, renewable energy industry experience preferred. Specific experience in wind and solar a plus.
- Construction field experience preferred
This position requires the individual to work closely with the Workforce Development staff. The coordinator must possess great attention to detail and have strong organizational skills. This individual must understand, maintain, and uphold the mission and vision of the Chicago Urban League.
- Must have adequate transportation and insurance – travel is approximately 25% of the job.