Solar Project Assistant Consultant
|Title:||Solar Project Assistant Consultant||FLSA:||CONTRACTOR|
|Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Development, the Solar Project Assistant Consultant is the primary point of contact and support for Chicago Urban League’s R3 Chicago South Workforce programming. As a Solar Project Assistant Consultant, you will help with coordinating and monitoring Chicago Urban League’s R3 Chicago South Project (Workforce) operations, and support the Lead Solar Project Consultant.|
- Assist with day-to-day coordination of all administrative and operational solar programming
- Assist with collecting, recording, and filing all required documentation
- Monitor project schedules and costs
- Coordinate, manage and monitor service delivery for program participants
- Coordinate, manage and monitor case management activities to include tracking and documenting participants’ progress from enrollment to job placement
- Ensure all activities and conduct adhere to established guidelines outlined in the Scope of Work of the consulting contract
- Assist with the coordination of participant service delivery
- Assist with developing and securing employment opportunities
- Assist with garnering external support and establishing relationships for the Chicago Urban League
- Provide administrative support to Director of Workforce Development and the Solar Project Consultants
- 3+ years of progressive project or program management experience
- Thorough understanding and implementation of projects in accordance with contracts
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills, which extend across all organizational and management levels
- Demonstrated ability in leadership of multiple and cross-functional teams
- Experience in development and execution of complex project schedules utilizing state-of-the art scheduling tools
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Power industry, renewable energy industry experience preferred. Specific experience in wind and solar a plus.
- Construction field experience preferred.
This position requires the individual to work closely with the Workforce Development staff. The assistant consultant must possess great attention to detail and have strong organizational skills. This individual must understand, maintain, and uphold the mission and vision of the Chicago Urban League.
- Must have adequate transportation and insurance – travel is approximately 30% of the job.
Provides services to
Director, Workforce Development