Quality Assurance Manager
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services Center
SUPERVISOR: Managing Director
ROLE: With a process-driven approach, the individual in this position is responsible for providing compliance and auditing functions within the Youth Services Center. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of government and for-profit grant reporting functions. They will possess a deep and thorough understanding of quality assurance standards and have the ability to identify compliant and nonconformance processes through records and tracking systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement quality control procedures and identify quality control issues
- Develop and monitor risk-management procedures
- Review and audit internal databases and external databases provided by funder on a weekly basis
- Create a file audit process to ensure file maintenance compliance
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to Center’s leadership for improvements based on rational analysis of data
- Train staff on the internal and external use of databases
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Superb computer skills, including database management
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field from an accredited college or university with at least one to three years of experience.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO CAREERS@CHIUL.ORG