Lead Solar Project Consultant
|Title:||Lead Solar Project Consultant||FLSA:||CONTRACTOR|
|Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Development, the Lead Solar Project Consultant will be the primary point of contact and support for the Chicago Urban League’s Chicago South Workforce programming under the Illinois Criminal Justice Authority’s Restore. Reinvest. Renew. (R3) program. As a Solar Project Consultant, you will manage and provide technical guidance to the Chicago Urban League’s R3 Chicago South Project (Workforce) operations, and support all vested parties assigned to the project. The Consultant will be a critical player on a team consisting of multi-disciplined professionals.|
- Provide oversight of the R3 south solar portfolio
- Monitor and evaluate contractors to ensure all parties are adhering to the company’s safety plan and guidelines at active locations
- Create project schedules and monitor operational budget
- Track and analyze progress and milestones
- Ensure contractual deadlines are met and required documentation is filed
- Cite any issues and seek correction, prior to, and throughout, programming
- Provide regular status reports to director and other internal parties as necessary
- Ensure all activities adhere to requirements listed in applicable agreements
- Coordinate all necessary internal and external parties necessary to achieve established outcomes and deliverables
- Assist, and is main point of contact for, program participants and contractors
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Workforce Development and Senior Solar Project Consultant
- 5+ years of progressive project management experience.
- Thorough understanding and implementation of projects in accordance with contracts.
- Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills, which extend across all organizational and management levels.
- Demonstrated ability in leadership of multi-disciplined teams of departments, units, interns, employees, contractors, and consultants.
- Experience in development and execution of complex project schedules utilizing state-of-the art scheduling tools.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus or other degree related to renewable energy industry.
- Experience within the renewable energy industry; specifically, photovoltaic solar arrays and/or battery energy storage systems
- Working knowledge of the NEC code and AC/DC electrical systems design.
- OSHA, NFPA, or other prior safety training and certification
This position requires the individual to work closely with the Workforce Development staff. The consultant must possess great attention to detail and have strong organizational skills. This individual must understand, maintain, and uphold the mission and vision of the Chicago Urban League.
- Must have adequate transportation and insurance – travel is approximately 25% of the job.
Provides services to
Director, Workforce Development