Entrepreneurship & Innovation Program Associate
DEPARTMENT: Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
ROLE: Full Time/ Exempt
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Entrepreneurship & Innovation, the Entrepreneurship program associate role is responsible for administration and execution of assigned program deliverables for the Cook County Small Business Recovery Program and other departmental programs as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Review small business grant applications and make a decision on applicant approval based on an established rubric.
- Provide technical assistance to small businesses on grant applications, and basic business issues.
- Performs essential department administrative functions for Cook County Small Business Recovery Program including data entry into online program dashboards and customer service to applicant businesses.
- Work with finance team and assistant director to troubleshoot issues related to payment, application status, and other concerns presented by applicant businesses. Provides applicant businesses and clients with technical support.
- Promotes program services and applicant recruitment using social media and email marketing solutions.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship, business, marketing/sales, communication, or related field.
- Experience as a full-time or part-time entrepreneur is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work independently as well as in a dynamic team environment;
- Able to conduct public presentations and facilitate training sessions;
- Committed and willing to grow in the role;
- Adaptable, flexible, and organized;
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends;
- Comfortable with constantly changing entrepreneurial environment;
- Possess strong project management skills;
- Able to set priorities to manage multiple planning tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. The individual should also have proficiency in the use of various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Posted on 9/15/20
TO APPLY, SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO CAREERS@CHIUL.ORG