Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for assisting the facilities supervisor in maintaining the Chicago Urban League’s office building and employee parking lot.
Accountable for all building repairs (electrical, mechanical, structural) and general cleaning and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Adjusting air and/or heating settings and zones and thermostats for optimal employee comfort
- Checking all light sources in the building and parking lot and replace bulbs as needed
- Coordinating service calls from outside contractors and vendors
- Responding to employee requests for cleaning and maintenance as needed
- Responding to employee requests in the areas of safety and environmental needs through both personal and work order systems.
- Responding to various requests and work orders for service from HR, security and executive departments
- Responsible for shipping/receiving of mail and packages
- Transporting employees and parcels when required
- Responsible for set up and break down of conference rooms and other areas for designated meetings and events
- Responsible for cleaning of restrooms and common spaces throughout the building
- Responsible for emptying trash bins and replacing trash bags throughout the building
- Preparing and maintaining maintenance logs and records
- Maintaining stock of janitorial supplies, keeping necessary records.
- Maintaining CUL grounds.
- And all other duties assigned
The Building Engineer must be capable of professional interaction with all levels of CUL personnel and outside clients/vendors.
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of facilities maintenance experience along with any necessary/required licenses (e.g., electrical)
- HVAC and/or electrical experience is a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and move objects 10-50lbs; occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance