Assistant Director of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
DEPARTMENT: Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
SUPERVISOR: Director of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
ROLE: Full Time/ Exempt
Under the direction of the Director of Entrepreneurship & Innovation, the Assistant Director of Entrepreneurship & Innovation is primarily responsible for the day-to-day oversight of departmental programs, staff, and administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Monitor progress reporting and associated dashboards for active oversight and insight of program areas’ progress to strategic goals.
- Manages departmental staff performance toward targeted programmatic outcomes
- Performs essential department administrative functions, including managing staff time and PTO and billing.
- Manages relationship with the department’s volunteer coaching pool, including:
- Volunteer onboarding
- Assisting volunteers with setting up office hours and profiles on the departments online scheduling platform
- Volunteer communication and outreach
- Manages contractor relationships including performance monitoring and payment.
- Leads department’s quarterly outreach efforts to client firms to collect business performance data.
- Manages relationships with subgrantee organizations for the Illinois DCEO Business Interruption Grant Technical Assistance Program and Cook County Covid-19 Small Business Recovery Program. Responsible for monitoring subgrantee performance.
- Stay current and knowledgeable about all applicable best practices in business strategy, local and national corporate supplier diversity trends/issues, financing tools/techniques, best practice technical assistance models.
- Engage in thought-partnership with Director on new programs and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated by Director.
- Supervises Entrepreneurship Program Associate
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in entrepreneurship, business, marketing/sales, communication, or related field. M.B.A. or comparable Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience as a full-time business owner highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work independently as well as in a dynamic team environment;
- Able to conduct public presentations and facilitate training sessions;
- Committed and willing to grow in the role;
- Adaptable, flexible, and organized;
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends;
- Comfortable with constantly changing entrepreneurial environment;
- Possess strong project management skills;
- Able to set priorities to manage multiple planning tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. The individual should also have proficiency in the use of various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Position Posted 9/15/20
TO APPLY, SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO CAREERS@CHIUL.ORG.