IMPACT Leadership Development Program
The Program Manager supports the Executive Director of the IMPACT Leadership Development Program by managing the IMPACT Alumni Association and performing program and administrative duties related to planning and coordinating all phases of the IMPACT Leadership Development Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and support meetings and activities of the IMPACT Alumni Association (IAA). This includes:
- Managing the meeting calendar for the Executive Committee
- Support logistics for IAA committee events
- Serving as the arbiter for Robert’s Rule of Order issues
- Implementing nominating and election processes
- Preparing agendas for the IMPACT Alumni Association Executive Committee meetings
- Monitoring the assessment and collection of dues
- Overseeing updates to the organizational charter
- Work with our External Affairs team to launch and maintain a program newsletter that focuses on the accomplishments of cohort Fellows
- Support the Executive Director during classroom modules and supplemental program events and activities
- Prepare educational materials (discussion guides, data sets, academic papers, online articles, film clips) for program Fellows by conducting research on various topic areas, including criminal justice, leadership, education, unemployment, and healthcare.
- Perform various administrative and operational tasks:
- Creating electronic surveys, sign-up sheets and other tracking tools using platforms such as Survey Monkey, Google Docs, etc.
- Preparing and sending written correspondence to Fellows, event speakers, and other program constituents
- Creating, proofreading and editing written materials
- Responding to online inquiries about the program
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of IMPACT contacts
- Setting up IMPACT events and coordinate event logistics with external vendors
- Preparing expenditure reports and check requests for the Accounting Department
- Tracking and reporting on attendance for each event
- Update and perform quality control on the IMPACT webpages and social media as necessary. This includes:
- Updating webpage content
- Ensuring that webpages conform stylistically to best practices
- Managing all multimedia on the IMPACT webpages and social media in collaboration with the External Affairs department
- Contribute to IMPACT program recruitment process
- Streamlining the application process by adding necessary functionalities to online application
- Monitoring and reporting on application analytics
- Producing promotional graphics
- Compiling database of prospective applicants
- Supporting social media campaign to elevate awareness of the application process
- Supporting in-person and electronic information sessions
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct prospect research on potential program donors and sponsors
- Manage expense report process for the department
- When applicable, assign tasks to and oversee program interns
- The ability to produce original multimedia promotional content using Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects is a plus)
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- The candidate must have knowledge of basic surveying and tracking platforms such Survey Monkey and Google Docs. Knowledge of basic data management applications is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Candidate will possess the ability to easily comprehend knowledge of Chicago Urban League policies and procedures and effectively apply such knowledge to the day-to-day fulfillment of his/her responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer focus when dealing with program participants, mentors, executive guests and Booth faculty and staff.
- Have good problem solving skills, be resourceful and take the initiative when needed.
- Candidate should be a self-starter, possess a strong work ethic, be detailed oriented, able to multi-task and possess a mature and professional demeanor.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@CHIUL.ORG